Sunday, August 29, 2010

Recovery

So yeah. Last week was fucked up. The Chrysler cost us a pretty penny. I sold my wedding rings. I sold my mother's wedding rings. I pretty much sold my soul to be honest. Life doesn't get much lower than it did last Monday. It was ugly. And I am not proud of myself. But I have a car that works now and a way to transport my family around.

The house went live on Thursday and we had 8 people through over the weekend. More are coming today. We had an offer on Saturday night, but it was too low, so we didn't accept. The house in the street behind us sold at auction for $490K and it was a shitbox. I hope to get at least that in a worst case scenario.

I have to say, this place looks amazing. Benny has done an outstanding job on the stairwell (and I seriously don't want to know how he did it.. I have images of Spiderman in my head as it is!) and I'm patting myself on the back too for a job well done. Now, let's get this place sold!

Yesterday, I visited my brother's house, our childhood home, for the last time. It's being smacked down later on this week. I went through each room and let the memories wash over me. I could hear mum in the kitchen, see her in the bedroom, the bathroom, the lounge... I could hear her voice echoing through the empty corridoors. I wrote on the wall of my bedroom. I checked the wardrobe one last time for my carvings. I said goodbye to my childhood and goodbye to my mother's whispers and then I sat in the car and I cried.

This year is writing the end of this chapter of my life. A change is coming. And it's going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment