Tuesday, September 7, 2010

One step forward, two steps back.

UGH!!!!!! I feel like I've been sucker punched and had all the wind knocked out of my lungs. Every time something positive happens, something negative comes along to take all the joy out of the good. Every. Single. Time! My mental health is not enjoying this roller coaster right now.

So, we sold this house. This was a good thing. Two days after we had signed, I had made my mental peace with the fact that we are going. I disengaged myself from this house. From my awesome kitchen. From everything I'd loved (and loathed) about the place. Ready to move on.

The buyers had met abover our price which was good. They paid an awesome deposit to show their good faith and I was thinking..'sweet..rings back!' They had a three day cooling off period, which passed without fault.. and they had to get a building and pest inspection done inside of 7 days. That was yesterday.

So. The inspection revealed that we have some termites in a pile of wood (which I had no idea was there.. builders' fault??). They are not in the structure of the house. Just in this pile of wood. The buyers are FREAKING OUT. They want to break the contract, yada, yada, yada.. Now, I'm no legal expert, but the contract does say that the termites have to be IN the house. Does under constitute in?

The thought of going back to square one and having daily Opens is enough to make me want to poke my eyes out. I feel sick to my stomach. FUCK!!!!! If this sale shits itself, we have lost the place in Kyneton. Don't tell me something better will come around.. I don't want to hear it.
I just see myself stuck in this fucking place, with no fucking money to pull out, tied up because of a mistake I didn't make. Really, termites? WTF!? Go pick on someone else. Someone who can afford to deal with you.

It's 10:30am. I want to get drunk. I want to smoke. I just want out of this prison. The only thing keeping my sanity is the 3 little dudes who depend on my sanity to keep them happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment