Saturday, September 29, 2012

Turning 40

Let's face it.  As far as years are concerned, this one has been an absolute cunt of a year.  I don't like that word, and I don't use it often, but really, it's so fitting to describe this year.

Almost nine months since my life changed.  This year has been so challenging in so many ways.  It's been so hard.  It's only now I feel I'm really coming together again. 

My birth trauma psych has set me free, saying that she no longer has any help to offer me.  I've done it. I've come through the other side. 

I've had my first round of reparitive surgery and lived to tell the tale.  I sleep well at night and I love my baby girl.  Things are going well. 

Next week, I turn 40.  I'm looking forward to it.  A lot.  Thirty-nine has been shitful.  Forty is a clean slate.  Bring it on, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment